Top 10 Reasons Why I ExercisePosted on February 24, 2016
Exercise has a lot of health benefits like preventing Heart Disease, improving your bone density, preventing Type 2 Diabetes and decreasing your chance of getting Alzheimer’s, but if I’m going to be completely honest I don’t exercise for any of those reasons. I’ve never once woken up in the morning and said to myself, ‘I don’t want to have a heart attack so I better go for a run.’ It’s never happened and probably never will happen. These are the top 10 reasons for why I exercise, maybe you can find some inspiration in this list to get yourself moving.
1. When I travel I like to climb mountains, for no other reason than to get to the top, I mean why else would you climb a mountain.
2. I can always say yes when a friend asks me to help them move, yes I like picking heavy things up.
3. If someone wants to do a slightly crazy or slightly dangerous, physically demanding challenge I will do it.
4. I like winning the longest drive competitions at charity golf tournaments
5. I like doing things like moving bricks and shovelling snow. Exercising makes these types of jobs a lot easier.
6. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I set a new personal record or work-up to doing a really hard exercise that I saw in a youtube video.
7. I like when I go in to donate blood that the nurse doesn’t have to put the elastic band around my arm to find my vein and then I like to race the guy next to me to fill my bag up first.
8. I’m ready for the zombie apocalypse.
9. I have a life goal of doubles waterskiing with my grandson when I’m 80, and have to start training for that now if I want to survive the ski.
10. I really like muscles, there I said it.
This is all the reasons I like to exercise, now what are the reasons you like to exercise? Tell us in the comments box below.
If you found this helpful you should subscribe to our blog, we deliver great content like this to your inbox once a week.
Get the Report
‘The Only 3 Items You Need For a Great Workout’